Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Getting Fit

So I’ve been getting fit.
You might remember this entry, where I said I just decided to start running, and kept at it. Well, I kept keeping at it, and I even followed the “Couch Potato to 5Km” programme from Cool Running.com. I downloaded some podcasts that someone put together, to listen to music when I was training, and his voice would come over “start running now” or “you can go back to walking now” all throughout the run. The programme is supposed to take 9 weeks – I did it in about 12. It really is a great programme, and I’ve graduated! I can now officially run 5km. Non stop. Takes me a bit more than 30mins.
I finished about a week and a half ago, and I’ve still just been jogging every 2nd day, to keep it up. I found a fabulous site, called MapMyRun.com where you can plot a run onto a streetmap, and work out distances. So I have a 5km circuit ready to run for when we are staying at mum & dad’s, and I will work out one from our house in Mt. Albert.
It’s great being fit, and I’m now back in some clothes that I haven’t worn for almost 2 years! I’m hoping the increased fitness will help when we hit the ground running in New Zealand!
(Excuse the pun…)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home