Thursday, July 03, 2008

Farewell, Manila!

It's taken me all day to decide what to write for our final post.
I had written 2 full pages worth, then decided I didn't like it. I still haven't decided how to express our feelings about going. They are very mixed. So my 2-page piece got edited down to half a page. This is what's left:

Tomorrow is our last day in Manila. Our two-year contract is up, and it’s time to go home. Life at home seems to be falling into place, which is great, but I’m sure there will be quite a bit of adjustment to go yet.

What are we looking forward to?

The cold weather.
Working again.
Having a smaller house.
Free things in NZ society – parks, playgrounds, libraries, playgroups, toy libraries, schools!
Automaticity of NZ Society – everything can be done online, or at least in the post!

What will definitely miss is people; Our friends here. Jenalyn.
The expat 'vibe'.
Our church.

Farewell, Manila.
It's been quite an adventure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home